Getting past the lock screen:
All you need to do is click on the lock screen or roll the mouse scroll. That will present another screen for you to enter your password and get through.
Getting to the desktop:
You will land on the start screen at first and then you will find a tile to get to the desktop. Click on to that once as soon as you find it.
Toggle desktop and start screen:
- Going back to the start screen is hidden as an action on the bottom left of the screen.
- When you hit the corner, you will find a thumbnail.
- Click there and reach the desired screen.
Access power menu:
If you right click on the left corner of the screen, you will see the power menu. That is the quickest way to reach tools and locations like control panel.
Bringing up charm bar:
- This option will be required often in windows 8.
- It comes up when you hover your mouse towards the right corners of the screen.
- If you scroll, the mouse up and down it becomes more prominent.
Start screen scroll controls:
The start screen is an array of tiles and groups of apps from left to right of the screen. You may also use the mouse scroll to navigate pages on the screen.
Start screen zoom controls:
Along the scroll to navigate start screen you will see a small icon with a sign. That can be effectively used to zoom out the screen and accommodate a greater view of the groups and apps.
Toggle among apps:
- You can reach the last opened application by pointing at the top left corner of the screen.
- Drag the mouse along the edge to get the entire list of open applications.
Using the apps bar:
You can pull an app from the apps bar towards the right edge of your screen and convert the same to a panel. You can work with multiple applications similarly.